Designs to Stand Out: 10 Creative Ideas for Unique Business Cards
Unique Business Cards
How Unique Business Cards Can Increase Your Revenue
Having an engaging, creative, and effective business card can make a big impact on your business's success. Utilizing a unique business card design is a great way to set yourself apart from the competition, boost inquiries, and increase revenue. In this article, we'll look at the benefits of having a unique business card, along with some pros and cons, case studies, and best practices.
Introduction to Unique Business Cards
A unique business card should capture the essence of your brand and stand out in a sea of unremarkable business cards. The distinctive design can draw eyes to your card and help potential clients or customers remember you. An effective design can leave a memorable impression and set you apart from competitors.
Some businesses will opt for plastic cards instead of traditional paper stock. Plastic cards have a unique and modern feel to them and have become increasingly popular. Plastic cards tend to be sturdier and appeal to customers looking for a more luxurious feel.
Benefits of Having a Unique Business Card
- Provides a good first impression
- Standing out from the competition
- Creating long-term relationships and brand loyalty
- Opening up more marketing opportunities
- Increase inquiries and ultimately, revenue
Pros Cons of Using Plastic Cards
- Clean and modern look
- Stronger and less likely to bend and tear
- More durable
- Attracts customers looking for something with a luxurious feel
- Can be more expensive
- Bulky to carry around
- Less environmentally friendly
The Bus Outfitters
The Bus Outfitters is an ever-growing ecommerce store specializing in custom-made apparel for the outdoor enthusiast. They opted for unique business cards featuring a set of gunslingers, each with monthly and annual promos written on their sleeves. The result was an influx of inquiries and a noticeable increase in revenue.
Eat My Shorts
Eat My Shorts is a surf-themed apparel company that found success in using plastic business cards. The decision was made to create a more luxurious, modern feel for prospective customers. In addition, they offered monthly discounts on the back of each card, which drove more web and brick-and-mortar traffic.
- Q: Do I need to have a unique business card?
- A: It is not essential that you have a unique business card, but it can be beneficial in helping you stand out from the competition and increase revenue.
- Q: Is it necessary to use plastic business cards?
- A: Not necessarily. It depends on your budget and the type of business you are in. Plastic cards may be more beneficial for certain industries and businesses.
- Q: Do I always need to include discounts on my cards?
- A: Not necessarily. Depending on your target audience, you may decide it is better to include more engaging content on the back of your card.
Mistakes to Avoid
- Using too many colors
- Using blurry/pixelated images
- Not including any contact information
- Using small or difficult to read font
- Using a generic design template
Best Practices for Creating Unique Business Cards
- Keep it simple and don't be afraid to use white space more effectively
- Include unique, bold images that will draw attention
- Make sure to include your contact information and any other relevant information
- Use quality paper stock or opt for plastic cards for a more luxurious feel
- If you're using plastic cards, consider adding a QR code to the back
Having a unique business card can give you an edge over your competitors and propel you in the right direction. Each business card provides an opportunity for connection and engagement, and having a a well thought out business card can make all the difference. It is also beneficial to decide whether you would rather go with paper or plastic business cards depending on your budget and brand message.
In summary, having a unique business card can set you apart from the competition, boost inquiries, and increase revenue. Just make sure to avoid the mistakes outlined and incorporate the best practices into your design.